Director - FMS
Midwest Region Office
Niagara College of Applied Arts & Technology, 2004
Certifications and Registrations
- American Council for Accredited Certification, Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) – #1501002
- Michigan Occupational Health and Safety – Certified Asbestos Inspector, Contractor/Assessor, Management Planner, and Project Designer – A44633
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration – Certified Water Damage Restoration Technician, Applied Microbial Remediation Technician, Fire and Smoke Restoration – IICRC #132811
- Certified Level 1 Thermographer – FLIR #20575
- Occupational Health and Safety, HAZWOPER Certification
Matt has over 16 years of industrial hygiene project management and program development. He specializes in large construction projects regarding damage from water and moisture and managing complex issues that arise during commercial construction. He also has a unique understanding of the procedures and processes of remediation, which allows him to more effectively monitor and oversee contractor work. Matt applies his project management experience to many industries including hospitality, commercial real estate, insurance, construction and manufacturing.
Matt also has extensive experience with large-scale emergency response projects. He responded to several major water damage projects in Mississippi and Louisiana after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita devastated buildings and business. During the floods in 2011, Matt oversaw mold and moisture remediation of four major casino properties damaged by water intrusion and related flood debris.
Most recently Matt has been involved in developing the FACS Incident Response Management (FIRM) Program. The goal of FIRM is to manage broadscale environmental health issues and incidents for national clients in a proactive way. Portfolios include large hospitality, multifamily, and single-family residential clients with tens of thousands of properties and buildings across the nation.