Assistant Local Director and Training Coordinator
California State University – Bakersfield, General Studies
CERTIFICATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Site Surveillance Technician
- AHERA Accredited Building Inspector
- AHERA Accredited Management Planner
- AHERA Accredited Contractor Supervisor
- California Department of Public Health Sampling Technician #2211
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
Kathy has over 25 years of experience in safety, training, and consulting services. Her experience includes inspecting, sampling, development and project management of asbestos, lead, mold, and other hazardous materials projects for schools, government agencies and private facilities.
Kathy is currently the Assistant Local Director in the Bakersfield office, as well as a Training Coordinator for the Training Division of FACS/HMS. Kathy was originally the Branch Manager for the Bakersfield office of Hazard Management Services, Inc. which included oversight of employees, and a State of California Certified Asbestos Consultant until her retirement in 2004. Prior to that she was a Safety and Loss Control Specialist with Self Insured Schools of California where she was responsible for inspections, consulting and training for both safety and hazardous materials for more than 40 school districts throughout the State of California.
- Standardized Emergency Management Systems (SEMS) Introductory Course: and SEMS Emergency Operations Center Course, California Office of Emergency Services
- Industrial Hygiene Self-Directed Course, IVE, Inc.
- Department of Transportation Supervisor Training Course – Reasonable Suspicion, Comprehensive Drug Testing, Inc.
- Certified Environmental Compliance Manager, Columbia Southern University
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector, National Recreation and Parks Association 1997-2003