Senior Project Manager
Greater Los Angeles Office
MPH, Industrial Hygiene, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
BSRT, Radiological Technology, California State University of Northridge, 2002
Certifications and Registrations
Certified Industrial Hygienist, Comprehensive Practice. Certificate # CP 9577
Michelle has over 12 years of experience in the environmental health and industrial hygiene services arena. She has conducted hundreds of investigations involving a variety of physical, chemical and biological hazards in occupational and community settings. These projects required in-depth investigative research and sampling, data interpretation, and preparation of reports with recommendations and conclusions.
Michelle is also involved in litigation support and oversight for numerous complex litigation claims for both plaintiff and defense attorneys. These projects also require in-depth investigative research, sampling, and data interpretation, preparation of reports with recommendations and conclusions, and the involvement in litigation procedures.
American Industrial Hygiene Association, National member, Local Member (Southern California AIHA President Elect)
American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienist, National member
- “Technical Guide for Wildfire Impact Assessments for the OEHS Professional” AIHA, 2018 (primary author).
- “Assessment and Remediation of PCBs in the Built Environment” AIHA, 2017 (contributing author).
- “Evaluating a Structure Fire: An IH Guide to Smoke’s Impact” The Synergist, October 2016.
- “From Hardhats to Hair Covers: IEQ Investigations in Healthcare Facilities” The Synergist, July 2015
- Rosales, M. “New AIHA Technical Guide for Wildfire Impact Investigations for the OEHS Professional – Part 1″. AIHce 2018, Philadelphia, PA, May, 2018
- Rosales, M. “Silica, PCBs, Legionella – Emerging Issues, Evolving Opinions” Environmental Health & Safety Communications Panel Symposium (EHSCP), Little Rock, AK, September, 2017
- Rosales, M. “Wildfires: Resolution of Indoor Environmental Quality Concerns.” AIHce 2016, Baltimore, MD, May 2016
- Rosales, M., Steve Long. “Health Housing Inspection and Remediation Techniques”. Lead and Health Housing Conference. Marina Del Ray, CA. January 2013
- Rosales, M. “Infection Control in Healthcare”. Abatix. Santa Fe Springs, CA. February 26, 2013.
- Andrew, M.S., M. Rosales. “Field Evaluation of Passive Ozone Detector Badges for use as a Screening Tools during Ozone Treatment”. AIHCE 2010, Indianapolis, June 2012
- Rosales, M., Larry Wayne. “Evaluating Wildfire Smoke Impact”. Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) – Local Section. Los Angeles, CA. July 2011.
- Rosales, M. “Mold and Remediation”. California Real Estate Inspectors Association (CREIA). Ontario, CA. April 2011.
- Rosales, M., M.S. Andrew, D. Cox. “Evaluating Community Noise Levels: A Case Study of Residential Impact.” AIHCE 2010, Denver, CO, June 2010
- Andrew, M.S., M. Rosales, M. Waz. “Evaluation of Damage and Environmental Health Risk of Fire Contamination in Buildings: Two Case Studies” Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)/ Air Conditioning Contract of America Conference and Expo, Tampa, FL, March 2010