Senior Project Manager
Pacific Northwest Office
B.S., Environmental Science and Ecology, Sierra Nevada College, 2010
Certifications and Registrations
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene, Certified in Comprehensive Practice of Industrial Hygiene (CIH) #11883
- American Council for Accredited Certification – Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) #1611020
- California Division of Occupational Safety and Health, Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC) #15-5405
- California Department of Public Health Lead Inspector/Assessor & Project Monitor #24819
David has over 9 years of industrial hygiene and environmental consulting experience. His project experience includes asbestos, lead, mold/moisture, waterborne pathogens, smoke impact assessment, soil contaminants, and indoor environmental quality investigations for a wide array of private and public sector facility owners & managers, including construction, commercial buildings, hospitals and healthcare facilities, residential complexes, educational institutions, manufacturing, large public works projects, and federal, state, and local government agencies.
David has a wide breadth of experience in indoor air quality investigations and exposure assessments. He has performed indoor air quality investigations for public and private clients in facilities ranging from office buildings to healthcare facilities and jails. He has drafted health and safety plans and followed up with exposure assessments to document compliance for a variety of hazards including asbestos, lead, silica, dust, and volatile organic compounds. David has documented these investigations and assessments with deliverables that provide clear and defensible findings and recommendations for compliance with appropriate health and safety regulations and industry standards.
David has a strong understanding of state and federal regulations governing worker health and safety. David has developed specifications and work plans for a variety of hazardous building material abatement and remediation projects. He has reviewed contractor submittals for conformance to project specification requirements and prepared written reports detailing field observations, laboratory analytical results and other pertinent findings and recommendations.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), Member National and Local Sections
- ACGIH (formerly American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists), Member
- M. Canright, M. Rebullida, D. Kahn, and J. Martinelli, “Legionella Regulations in New York: How Much Progress Have We Made?” The Synergist, Volume 30, Number 6 (June/July 2019): 20-24.
- Elemental Industrial Hygiene 100 hour course, AIHA, January 2019
- 40 hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- EPA Accredited Project Designer, Management Planner, Building Inspector, and Contractor Supervisor Courses, M&C Environmental Training
- Lead-Related Construction Inspector/Assessor Course, UC Berkeley Extension
- Lead-Related Construction Project Monitor Course, UC Berkeley Extension
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Niton XRF Analyzer/Radiation Safety Course