Director of Scientific Operations
San Diego/Southern California Office
M.P.H., Industrial Hygiene, University of California, Los Angeles, 2007; Minor in Hazardous Materials
B.S., Environmental Science, University of California Berkeley, 2003; Minor in Forestry
Certifcations and Registrations
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Comprehensive Practice. ABIH. Certificate # CP 9489
- 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Megan Canright has a wide array of experience in the fields of Industrial Hygiene and Environmental, Health & Safety. As the Director of Scientific Operations with Forensic Analytical, she provides company-wide technical and operational direction and facilitates the internal Quality Assurance/Quality Control Program.
Ms. Canright’s primary areas of expertise include occupational and environmental exposure assessment, indoor environmental quality, and the evaluation and control of waterborne pathogens in support of infection control. She has performed hundreds of comprehensive indoor air quality investigations, including chemical, physical and biological agent monitoring in various complaint buildings, in a variety of settings such as private businesses, industrial and manufacturing facilities, healthcare facilities, residential homes and school districts. These projects require in-depth investigative research and sampling, data interpretation, and preparation of reports with opinions, recommendations and conclusions. Ms. Canright is also involved in litigation support and oversight for numerous complex litigation claims for both plaintiff and defense attorneys.
Ms. Canright has extensive experience in the development, management and implementation of Environmental, Health & Safety programs in various settings, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical manufacturing and research & development, and consumer products industries. She has developed tailored, specific EH&S programs for such companies as Novartis and Johnson & Johnson. As a Certified Industrial Hygienist, Ms. Canright is also very active in the local and national chapters of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, serving as the current Chair of the AIHA Risk Assessment Committee. She is a graduate of the 2011 AIHA Future Leaders Institute and is the Chair of the AIHA Future Leaders Institute Advisory Board.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- American Industrial Hygiene Association, National member
- San Diego American Industrial Hygiene Association, Local chapter member, 2013 President
- California Industrial Hygiene Council, Board Secretary
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Future Leaders Institute, Class of 2011
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Future Leaders Institute Advisory Board Chair, current
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Risk Assessment Committee, Chair, current
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienist, National member
- American Society of Safety Engineers, National and local chapter member
- Association of Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, member
- California Society of Healthcare Engineers, local San Diego chapter member and National member
- Kerbel, W.; Springston, J.; Krause D.; Shelton, B.; Hung, L.; Kahane, D.; Kollmeyer, B.; Stewart, E.; Froehlich, R.; Hicks, J.; Jaeger, D.; Kirkland, K.; and Canright Rabinowitz, M. “Recognition, Evaluation, and Control of Legionella in Building Water Systems.” 2015.
- Canright, M.; Kollmeyer, B. “Tips for Telling the VOC Story: Making Sense of VOCs in IEQ Investigations.” AIHA Synergist. November 2012.
- Canright, M. “An Exposure Assessment for Employees Working With Salicylic Acid at a Skincare and Cosmetics Manufacturing Facility.” Graduate Program Dissertation. University of California, Los Angeles School of Public Health. 2007.
- Risk Assessment for the Industrial Hygienist, AIHA – June 2014
- Vapor Intrusion Investigation and Mitigation: Advances in Assessment and Strategy, AIHA – June 2012
- Fed/Cal Environmental Regulatory Review, Environmental Management & Training – September 2010
- Methods and Applications for Exposure Assessment Chemical Detection in Real Time, AIHA – May 2010
- Bayesian Statistics: Applications in IH Risk Assessment, AIHA – May 2010
- Radiation Safety Officer Training for Lab Professionals, Harvard School of Public Health – June 2009
- Potent Compound Risk Assessment and Control, SafeBridge Consultants – February 2009
- California Society of Healthcare Engineers, San Diego Symposium, 2015. Infectious Disease and Species-Level Mold Sampling in Healthcare Settings
- International Occupational Hygiene Association Conference, London 2015, PDC: Introduction to Waterborne Pathogens
- American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Expo 2015, Salt Lake City, PDC 424: Introduction to Human Health Risk Assessment
- American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Expo 2015, Salt Lake City, Case Study on the Investigation of Environmental Sources of Legionella Bacteria at a Recreational Spa Facility
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control Conference & Expo, 2014, Anaheim, Inspecting and Testing the Indoor Environment during Outbreak Investigations.
- American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Expo 2014, San Antonio, Real World Solutions for Control of Formaldehyde Exposure During Cat Dissections.
- American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Expo 2012, Indianapolis, Thinking Outside the Nosecone: A Novel Solution to Control Waste Anesthetic Gas in a Vivarium.
- Environmental Information Association Fall Technical Symposium 2011, Industrial Hygiene in the Pharmaceutical Industry