Director - San Diego
MBA, CIH, CSP, CHMM
San Diego/Southern California Office
B.S., Biology, University of Central Oklahoma, 2007
M.S., Industrial Hygiene & Environmental Health Science, University of Oklahoma, 2010
MBA, Organizational Leadership and Change, University of Houston, 2014
CERTIFICATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene, Certified in Comprehensive Practice of Industrial Hygiene (CIH), #10599CP
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Certified Safety Professional (CSP) #26945
- Institute of Hazardous Materials Management, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) #19759
- 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- 8 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Supervisor
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Andy has over 15 years of increasing leadership roles within the environmental health, industrial hygiene and safety in the industry and consulting communities, while serving a wide array of clients in both the litigated and non-litigated environments.
Over the course of his career, he has built a broad range of exposure assessment experience including indoor air quality investigations, evaluating engineering controls, onshore and offshore oil and gas facility assessment, and assessing various physical, chemical and biological exposures. He has extensive EHS program development and implementation, safety project management, incident investigation and exposure assessment experience in numerous sectors including, onshore and offshore oil and gas drilling and production, petrochemicals, technology, federal government, heavy industry, and emergency response.
As a senior member of the technical team, Andy provides QA/QC oversight on project reports, client hazard communication and services related to industrial hygiene inspections and assessments.
Andy’s understanding of the standard of care in industrial hygiene is the result of having evaluated hundreds of investigation strategies and sampling plans, as well as interfacing and collaborating with some of the top names within the industrial hygiene community.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & HONORS
- Member, American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), National, Gulf Coast, San Diego, and Southern California Local Sections
- Member, American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH)
- Member, California Society for Healthcare Engineering (CSHE)
- Member, American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Active Shooter, January 2016
- AHERA Building Inspector and Management Planner, March 2016
- Radiation Safety Officer (RSO), April 2012
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) Monitor, April 2012
- “Introduction to Industrial Hygiene and Air Sampling”, Presented to La Porte Area Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), June, 2016
- “Silica Dust Exposure in Oil and Gas”, Presented to Pioneer Natural Resources, November 2014
- “A toxicological Review of Synthetic Drilling Mud in the Offshore Aquatic Environment”, Presented to BP America – Gulf of Mexico, August, 2013
- “Cadmium Dust Exposure During Flange Change Out (Offshore Gulf of Mexico)”, Presented to BP S&OR, May 2013