Human Resources Manager
Positions available in San Francisco
This full-time exempt position will report to our corporate office in Hayward, CA. The ideal candidate will have the self-confidence to be able to engage and positively impact employees and teams. With the ever-changing dynamics of human resources, their experience along with the ability to pro-actively establish relationships, quickly react and adapt to the changing environment is essential.
Overall management of the Human Resources department including the following:
- Maintain human resources policies to help maintain and increase employee satisfaction.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and pertinent legislation and ensures compliance is met.
- Be an effective leader to the department and manage department personnel.
- Work effectively with all departments to maintain and update policies and practices.
- Work with department managers to assist with their responsibilities and personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluations and participates in staff development.
- Full benefits administration includes understanding best practices and having the knowledge to answer incoming questions and problem solve issues.
- HRIS management which includes a full understanding of the systems in place and their functions in order to train staff and maintain data, updating templates and process and documenting practices.
- Manage worker’s compensation and leave of absences which includes knowledge of compliance and process.
- Performance management which includes managing and evaluation the process and internal surveys.
- Manage and update internal job descriptions, recruiting and onboarding initiatives and process with department.
- Process terminations and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Work with the Leadership team to develop and execute corporate initiatives.
- Always be mindful of employee morale with the intent to constantly want to increase
- Understand the value of retention methods and implement efforts in all pertinent areas in processes.
- Occasional travel will be necessary to attend career fairs, visit offices, attend conferences, etc.
- Be hands on and assist in any other areas needed in the department.
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Human Resources, Behavioral-type or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Human Resources with a broad range of experience.
- At least 3 years managing staff, preferably working in a smaller to mid-sized companies.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with the ability to learn new programs easily.
- Professional and effective communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with experience working with diverse staff. Able to work with little direction, high initiative and organizational skills. Able to work well with different levels of employees while delivering a professional and approachable manner.
- Must have at least 5 years previous experience using HRIS systems with the ability to quickly learn new programs.