Positions available in San Francisco
This fast-paced, growing organization has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our accounting team as a Controller in our Hayward, CA office.
The Controller provides operational and strategic insight while leading and managing finance and accounting functions. Reporting to the CEO, the Controller will be responsible for high-level expertise and strategic leadership as well as performing hands-on operational activities such as day-to-day accounting matters, financial modeling, forecasting, project profitability analysis, development of operational metrics, contract reviews and administration, etc. Building a high-performance team through direct training, mentorship and staff development are also key aspects of the position. The ideal candidate will thrive on having multiple priorities and will take the initiative to deliver high quality results.
In addition, the following represents key areas of responsibilities:
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Create and maintain processes and systems to support growth
- Hands-on participation in the implementation of strategic business plans
- Coordinate and lead the budgeting processes incl maintenance and update of budgeting models
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Oversee and improve the company’s transaction processing systems
- Provide thought leadership and implement financial and operational best practices
- Perform acquisition due diligence and calculate acquisition valuation scenarios.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the executive management team
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable internal controls
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Risk management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field,
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office required. Knowledge of NetSuite or other ERP system a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the utmost attention to accuracy and detail are a must.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising staff
- Occasional travel, no more than 15%