Assistant Local Director
Positions available in Fresno
Assisting the Local Director to achieve their office’s revenue and profit targets while complying with other company initiatives.
Leading and managing all aspects of asbestos, lead, mold and other industrial hygiene projects including conversing with potential and existing clients; managing project coordinators, project managers and/or technicians, proposal generation, managing project budgets and generating final reports and remediation specifications. Additional responsibilities include performing on-site surveys, inspections, assessments, abatement oversight and monitoring and auditing of safety procedures and applicable regulations associated with industrial hygiene and environmental projects.
- Foster efficient utilization of labor resources by managing project loads and potential project loads in advance.
- Ensure Standard Operations Procedures are followed and achieved.
- Management of personnel
- Provide leadership and management to the assigned team of PM’s, Associate PMs, PCs and Technicians
- Supervise direct reports to ensure that they achieve their goals and meet their individual, local office and company targets.
- Be a Leader and Mentor by being a positive influence to co-workers and customers.
- Hold regular meetings with direct reports
- Provide timely and honest reviews of performance
- Conduct frequent one-to-one meetings with direct reports.
- Ensure all employees attend required trainings in HR, Technical and FACS U training
- Evaluate manpower needs for supporting our service activities and actively recruit qualified candidates as needed
- Client Service
- Maintain regular contact with key and high potential clients
- Ensure customer satisfaction stays at a high level
- Monitor and follow-up on customer feedback provided through Net Promoter Score
- Assist in the development of local growth plans (space, equipment, staff, etc.)
- Provide assistance with resolving scheduling conflicts
- Field calls from potential and existing clients with ability and knowledge to answer questions.
- Prepare proposals and budgets for projects. Attend job walks, pre-construction job walks and attend meetings with potential and existing clients.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Other duties as required by Local Director
- Drive revenue by being a leader in promoting a Culture of Business Development, including
- Meet individual revenue targets ensuring achievement of office’s profitability in dollars and margin.
- Work with Local Director to ensure office revenue and profitability targets are achieved
- Identifying new business opportunities within existing client base
- Identify sectors within the local market with new client growth opportunities.
- Proactive customer calls and meetings as well as attending industry professional organizations and events.
- Assist with strategy development and management of top 20 client relationships.
- Determine key contacts for each client
- Determine primary project managers and relationship managers
- Guide strategy for maintaining and growing top 20
- Must have the ability to work with team to develop strategies to close business.
- Provide exceptional customer service with the ability to lead by example
- Understand competitive landscape within your market including opportunities and threats.
- Refer opportunities for new service lines within existing accounts and/or new customer opportunities to the appropriate FACS sales representative
- Act as a company authority in our service disciplines, use initiative in keeping current with new industry developments
- Keep abreast of environmental safety and health legislation.
- Implement and monitor staff participation in QA/QC program. Participate in QA/QC audits
- Oversee status of equipment (calibration, repair, purchases, etc.)
- Ensure staff is meeting technical and developmental goals
- Maintain technical certifications
- Attend required technical training (internal, FACS University, and external).
- Assist in the development and mentoring of staff
Strong leadership, operational and business development skills. Must be a strong communicator and motivator capable of bringing the best out of their team. Familiarity in our core Industrial Hygiene services, including asbestos, lead and mold, preferred.
Excellent, professional and clear communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of working with a diverse staff. Flexibility in work schedule and willing to travel to different project locations, as needed. Must be competent in all aspects of computer software necessary for the position, including, but not limited to; all programs within Microsoft Office.
Minimum of 5 years working knowledge of industrial hygiene, environmental health and safety concepts, and the use of common IEQ field instruments.
BA degree in Industrial Hygiene, Health and Safety, Biological or Physical Science preferred. Membership in applicable industry organizations is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and current auto insurance
- Must pass annual medical exam and respirator fit test
- Current certifications for type of work being conducted