Positions available in Fresno
The Assistant Director is responsible for helping the Local Director to achieve its revenue and profit targets while complying with all other company initiatives. The Assistant Director will have a good understanding of how to perform all functions of a Project Manager and Industrial Hygiene Technician, who perform the daily activities within the department.
- Supervise staff to ensure that they achieve their goals, monitor training, and meet their individual, local office and company targets.
- Lead by example in driving our People First core value in daily activities.
- Drive sales by being a leader in our culture of business development, including proactive customer calls and meetings, as well as attending industry professional organizations and events.
- Help Local Director develop strategic growth plans, including identifying industry sectors and service lines that will provide avenues for growth.
- Travel to potential and existing clients to give presentations and obtain contracts.
- Ensure local office provides exceptional customer service.
- Develop revenue, expense budgets, ensure invoices go out in accordance with company policy, monitor accounts receivables, and assist accounting in the collections process.
- Work with other Local Directors and Business Development staff in order to share client leads.
- Ensure technical quality of the local office is meeting company standards.
- Evaluate manpower needs with the Local Director for supporting our service activities and recruit and hire as needed.
- Act as a company authority in our service disciplines, use initiative in keeping current with new industry developments, keep abreast of environmental safety and health legislation.
- Constantly strive for improvement in all areas of our work by identifying issues and the root cause.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Local Director and/or General Manager.
- Prefer 4-year college degree in business or science-related field.
- Must possess a CSST or CAC certification.
- Minimum 5 years of working knowledge and experience in environmental health consulting.
- Strong operational and business development skills.
- Strong personnel leadership, management, and administrative skills.
- Successfully managing a team is a plus!
- General understanding of financial reporting.