MSc, Hydrogeology, Ohio University, 2001
BSc, Geology, University of Mumbai, St. Xavier’s College, 1999
CERTIFICATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
- Professional Geologist, State of California. License # 8671
- Certified Hydrogeologist, State of California. License # 999
- Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD) and Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP)
- 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. Certificate # 1703215182553
- 8-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response, Supervisor Training
- MODFLOW: Introduction to Numerical Modeling, Short Course Certification, Colorado School of Mines
- Aquifer Tests: Analysis and Design of Aquifer Tests, Including Slug Tests and Fracture Flow #192, Short Course Certification, National Groundwater Association
SELECT PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Developed and implemented a site investigation and field observation strategy that helped the client stay off a Potential Responsible Party list. The list was for an abandoned site in the immediate vicinity with a known chlorinated groundwater plume. The project was conducted during a sub terrain parking lot excavation. Data was collected to successfully define the onsite plume boundary. The results were used to help the client assess environmental insurance needs for the site and evaluate the estimated resale value based upon the neighboring property contaminations.
The project was conducted in a politically-charged environment. The initial goal was to assess impacts to the overall budget from the remediation phase of the project. A feasibility study was conducted to help the
Client establish short and long term goals. Demonstrated the stability of a VOC plume in groundwater to the federal agency and utilized innovative tools such as depleted isotope studies and a signature ratio as a tracer to define the plume’s boundary. Obtained data to develop and implement a limited and focused groundwater monitoring, limited soil gas investigation, institutional controls – HVAC systems and passive venting subslab depressurization systems and best management practices for stormwater discharges.
- University of California Los Angeles, Anderson School of Management, Anderson Women, Board of Directors, Vice President, Industrial Relations
- Air and Waste Water Management – Technical Council and Member
- Department of Toxic Substances Control and Regional Water Quality Control Board, Los Angeles Region – Technical Council for Soil Gas Advisory
- Women’s Environmental Council – Past Corporate President and Member
- Pereira Pearl., 2008. Comparison of United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Method 8260B to EPA Method TO-15 for Soil Gas Sampling. Department of Toxic Substances of California – Soil Gas Advisory Forum, March 4.
- Pereira Pearl, Subramanian Ravi., 2007. Comparison of Shadow Sampling to Evaluate Potential Vapor Intrusion Pathways. Air & Waste Management, Vapor Intrusion: Learning from the Challenges, September 26-28.
- Pereira Pearl, Smith Michael, Subramanian Ravi., 2006. Aquifer Performance Tests for Proposed Leachate Extraction System. National GroundWater Association, 2006 Groundwater Expo, December 5-8, 2006.
- Pearl, McHale Dan., Martin Richard, 2002. Tidal Filtering of Pumping Test Data in the Downtown Seattle and the Elliot Bay Area.
- Pereira, P.J., Christensen, M., Stoertz, M., 2000. Performance of FGD capping, stream diversion and passive treatment (SAPS) wetlands: The Rock Run Gob Pile.