CERTIFICATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene, Certified in Comprehensive Practice of Industrial Hygiene (CIH) #10590CP
- American Council for Accredited Certification, Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) #1302021
- California Department of Occupational Safety and Health, Certified Asbestos Consultant #10-4596
- Nevada Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Certified Asbestos Abatement Consultant #IJPM1461
- California Department of Public Health, Lead Inspector/Assessor #20593
David provides these services to many industries including aviation, healthcare, property management, hospitality, K-12 and higher education and insurance agencies. David’s well-rounded background in industrial hygiene project management has led to providing various IH and IEQ services for several long-term clients. As the FACS Sacramento office Director, David also has experience in coordinating resources and dispatching project teams, managing office operations and directing office personnel.
- Member, American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), National and Local Sections
- Member, American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH)
- AHERA Building Inspector, Contractor/Supervisor, Project Designer and Management Planner
- Elemental Industrial Hygiene 100 hour course, AIHA, December 2013
- California Hazardous Waste Classification Training, DTSC, July 2013
- Indoor Environmentalist Awareness Level, IAQA, September 2012
- Indoor Environmentalist Intermediate Level, IAQA, September 2012
- 10 Hour Construction Safety, OSHA, January 2010
- Scaffold Safety and Fall Protection, OSHA, January 2010
- Niton XRF Analyzer/Radiation Safety Training Course, Thermo Fisher Scientific, August 2009
- Sampling and Evaluating Airborne Asbestos Dust – NIOSH 582E, MICA, March 2009
- Investigation, Management and Remediation of Mold in Buildings, Aerias, LLC, February 2002
- Prevention, Determination and Remediation of Biological Contamination, AIHce Symposium, 2002
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “HVAC and Hospital Room Conditions: Where the Joint Commission, OSHPD and ASHRAE Collide,” Presented to the California Society for Healthcare Engineering, San Francisco Chapter, January 19, 2016.
- Brinkerhoff and M. Rosales, “From Hardhats to Hair Covers: IEQ Investigations in Healthcare Facilities,” The Synergist, Volume 26, Number 6 (June/July 2015): 28-31.
- “Practical Applications of Containments in Hospitals,” Presented to the California Society for Healthcare Engineering, Central Valley Chapter, August, 2014.
- Brinkerhoff and P. Morey, The Effect of Construction Site Dust on Mold Clearance Sampling, Bioaerosols, Fungi, Bacteria, Mycotoxins and Human Health. Albany, New York: Fungal Research Group Foundation, Inc., 2005. Presented at The 5th International Conference on Bioaerosols, Fungi, Bacteria, Mycotoxins and Human Health, September 2003, Sarasota Springs, New York.
- Epstien and D. Brinkerhoff, Case Studies Illustrating IEQ Challenges in Sustainably Constructed Buildings. Presented at AIHce 2007, Philadelphia, PA.