Strong operational and business development skills along with personnel leadership, management, and administrative skills. General understanding of financial reporting. Familiarity in our core services, including asbestos, lead and mold.
Baccalaureate degree in a physical or biological science required. Membership in applicable industry organizations is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director is responsible for the local office to achieve it’s revenue and profit targets while complying will all other company initiatives. The Director will have a good understanding of how to perform all functions of a Project Manager and Industrial Hygiene Technicians who perform the daily activities within the department. Additionally, the Director, will support our Vision by being responsible for the following:
- Drive sales by being a leader in our Culture of Business Development, including proactive customer calls and meetings as well as attending industry professional organizations and events.
- Develop strategic growth plans, including identifying industry sectors and service lines that will provide avenues for growth.
- Travel to potential and existing clients to give presentations and obtain contracts.
- Ensure local office provides exceptional customer service.
- Develop revenue and expense budgets.
- Work with other Local Directors and Business Development staff in order to share client leads.
- Ensure technical quality of the local office meets company standards.
- Supervise Project Managers, Technicians and Administrative Assistants to ensure that they achieve their goals and meet their individual, local office and company targets.
- Evaluate manpower needs for supporting our service activities and recruit and hire as needed.
- Ensure invoices go out in accordance with company policy.
- Monitor accounts receivables and assist accounting in the collections process.
- Act as a company authority in our service disciplines, use initiative in keeping current with new industry developments, keep abreast of environmental safety and health legislation.
- Provide and monitor staff training.
- Always strive for constant improvement in all areas of our work by identifying issues and the root cause as opposed to simply putting a band-aid on the issue.
- Be a Leader by being positive influence to co-workers and customers.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the General Manager.
FACS offers competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.